Season 6 Returns Starting Sept 4
Rick and Morty Scavenger Hunt Challenge
No Purchase Necessary
- Eligibility: Open only to individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Cartoon Network, Inc. d/b/a Adult Swim (“Sponsor”), Warner Bros. Discovery, Inc., Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., The XD Agency, Purple, Rock, Scissors, Movement Strategy, Storm Ideas, IYUNO SDI Group, and their respective subsidiaries (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and their immediate family members are not eligible. Participants must also have a valid government issued ID, which may be used to verify potential winners. Participation may require individuals to be physically fit in order to not endanger their own safety or the safety of others.
- Here’s How it Works: The Rick and Morty Scavenger Hunt (the “Challenge”) presents the opportunity for Rick and Morty fans (“Participants”) to visit www.rickandmorty.com (the “Website”) and review a series of clues (utilizing their knowledge and skill to solve clues) in order to identify the location of One (1) of Nine (9) Rick and Morty themed sculptures (each a “Sculpture”; collectively “Sculptures”), which shall be located at Nine (9) secret locations throughout the world, in at least Seven (7) different countries, excluding North Korea, Syria, Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, Russia, Ukraine, from August 23, 2022 through September 9, 2022 (the “Challenge Period”). The first eligible individual to visit each Sculpture and to recite the secret code provided at the Website (the “Secret Code”) and complete the required Declaration Package, defined below, may claim one (1) Prize. The Website may be updated with additional clues, and updated Secret Codes, the content, timing and frequency of such updates will be at the discretion of Sponsor. See Rule #3 for details on how to claim a prize. NOTE, SOME OR ALL OF THE SCULPTURES MAY BE LOCATED AT REMOTE OR HARD TO FIND LOCATIONS, OR AT LOCATIONS WHICH ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO VISIT DURING CERTAIN TIMES OR DAYS, AND WHICH MAY COST SUBSTANTIAL TIME OR REQUIRE PHYSICAL EFFORT OR STAMINA TO VISIT.
- How to Claim a Prize: PRIZE CLAIMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ONLINE; ALL CLAIMS MUST BE MADE IN-PERSON AT THE LOCATION OF THE SCULPTURES. The first Participant to visit the correct location of a Sculpture, and present themselves to event staff (“Event Staff”), and to recite the correct Secret Code, will win a Prize, subject to verification of eligibility. The Website will be updated regularly to indicate which Prizes have been claimed, the timing and frequency of such updates will be at the discretion of Sponsor. Winners will be determined in the sole discretion of Event Staff, whose decisions are final on all matters. In the event more than one person arrives at the same time to claim a prize and a tie needs to be broken, the Event Staff will have the sole discretion to determine who arrived first and is entitled to claim the prize. In the event a Prize remains unclaimed after the Challenge Period, that Prize will not be awarded. WHEN WITHIN THE VICINITY OF A PRIZE LOCATION, PARTICIPANTS AGREE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FILMING OF THEIR JOURNEY TO LOCATE THE PRIZE (“Footage”) and grant to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display such recordings, without compensation, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agree to execute documents confirming such right and license at Sponsor’s reasonable request. All winners are subject to verification of eligibility. All winners will be required to provide the Event Staff a valid government issued photo identification and will be required to execute a Declaration of Eligibility, Prize Acceptance and Liability/Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) (“Declaration Package”) on-site prior to receiving their prize. If any portion of the Declaration Package is not received within the time allotted by Event Staff, or if any potential Winner is deemed ineligible the potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate will be selected. Participants are responsible for all transportation, accommodations and/or other expenses they may incur. Participants may be disqualified for acting in an unsafe, unsportsmanlike manner or being disruptive, inappropriate or abusive in any way to the Event Staff and/or other Participants.
- Prizes and approximate Retail Values: (9) Prizes – A Rick and Morty Scavenger Hunt Trophy (ARV: $100 USD). Prizes consist of only the item specifically listed as the prize. Limit one (1) Prize per person. One Prize will be made available to the winner at the location of each Sculpture.
- General Rules: All income taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of each prize winner. All federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor not responsible for any technical problems, malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof, or closed roads, buildings, availability or lack thereof of flights, trains, rental cars, or any other means by which a participant may attempt to visit the location of a Sculpture. Sponsor not responsible for any damage to any participant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Challenge. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Challenge may be cancelled, modified, terminated or suspended if during the course of the Challenge it is infected by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes outside control of Sponsor which impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Challenge, or by conditions in one or more of the locations where the Sculptures are located during the Challenge Period, such as war, strikes, public health issues, earthquakes, etc. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with any process or harasses any Sponsor representative or any Participant and to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Challenge. In the event of termination, a notice will be posted at the Website. Participants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Sponsor’s designees, which shall be final and binding in all respects. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE RESOLVED THROUGH ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. Footage represents the views/opinions of individual Participants and do not reflect the views of Sponsor in any manner. Sponsor not responsible for typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Challenge or in the announcement of the prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Challenge materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In no event will the Sponsor be obligated to award more than the number of prizes available per Rule #2.
- Releases: By participating in this Challenge, you agree: (a) to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities from any claims of personal injury (including death), property damage, trespass, claims for infringement of any intellectual property, privacy and/or publicity rights and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Challenge or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of a prize; (b) that under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or any awarded prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, and in no event will you be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or court costs. All Participants grant to Sponsor, the other Promotion Entities, and each of their respective designees the absolute right and license to use, publish, post, and/or display his/her name, photograph, voice, likeness, Footage and/or other indicia of persona (regardless of whether altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone, or used with other material in the Promotion Entities’ sole discretion) in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Participants irrevocably waive all claims against the Released Parties and agree that the Released Parties will have no liability or responsibility and shall be held harmless by Participant for any claim arising in connection with a potentially heightened risk of exposure to communicable diseases, viruses, bacteria or illnesses (including, without limitation, COVID-19) and the causes thereof, and sickness arising as a result of travel related activities, wherever, whenever or however the same may occur. Participants fully understand that (a) the novel coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and any resulting disease (together with any mutation, adaptation or variation thereof, “COVID-19”) is extremely contagious and there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any place where people are or have been present; (b) no precautions, including the protocols that may be implemented from time to time based upon public health and government-sponsored guidelines, can eliminate the risk of exposure to COVID-19; (c) while people of all ages and health conditions have been adversely affected by COVID-19, certain people have been identified by public health authorities as having greater risk based on age and/or underlying medical conditions; and (d) exposure to COVID-19 can result in being subject to quarantine requirements, illness, disability, other short-term and long-term health effects, and/or death, regardless of age or health condition.
- Winners List: For the names of winners, visit rickandmorty.com/winnerslist on or after September 14, 2022.
TM & © 2022 The Cartoon Network, Inc.
All Rights Reserved..
The Cartoon Network, d/b/a Adult Swim
Adult Swim 1050 Techwood Drive, N.W.
Attn. John R. Renaud
Found0 / 9